Leggings & Training Bra | Pink Soda Sport
It’s been just over a month since I joined a gym and I’m relieved to say that I’m actually enjoying it. I never thought that fitness would become my ‘thing’ but I’m definitely getting that buzz out of going. I’ve swapped my Sunday sofa session for an intense spin class. I’ve certainly surprised myself!
I think attending the gym regularly is easier said than done. I try to go at least three times a week, a few classes after work and like I said a spin class every Sunday morning. I seem pretty enthusiastic about it all but I appreciate that I’ve had the luxury of light nights and warm weather. I joined mid-September so generally the weather was fairly kind, now that Autumn is upon us the struggle will become oh so real. With a commute from London to tackle, I’m now driving home in the dark with the heating blasting away and that combined with a night curled up on the sofa on my mind, the temptation to simply pass the gym is appealing.
I have put some tips together to help keep motivated throughout the colder months:
- Music: create an upbeat playlist to keep you motivated on the way to the gym, this will give you an instant boost.
- Enroll a friend: if the gym scene is not your thing or you can’t face the idea of it after work then grab a friend and go for a walk at lunch time. Every little helps!
- Keep hygienic: a cold is one way to stop you from attending the gym so make sure you clean down apparatus after using.
- Don’t overdress: as tempting as it is, don’t layer up as you will just over heat.
- Invest in quality activewear: similar to a bad hair day, if you’re not happy with how you look you won’t be into it as much. Make sure you’re comfortable with what you’re wearing too.
Ivy Park, the activewear range co-founded by Beyonce, have just released their new collection. With a mix of camo print and statement slogans the style is on-trend but subtle. I want everything!
My goal for the month is to keep on track and with this pun intended.. I’m game!